AT5K Spark Plug Resistance Tester
The Tempest AT5K quickly and accurately checks spark plug resistors and quickly displays the results.
Note: The AT5K only checks resistance values. It does not replace, nor is it a substitute for, other tests required to determine a spark plug’s condition.
CHECKING SPARK PLUG RESISTANCE IS IMPORTANT:
Excessive resistance causes:
- Hard starting.
- Skipping, missing, excessive fuel consumption and pollution.
- Roughness in turbocharged engines.
- Roughness during lean of peak operations.
- Roughness at high altitudes.
- Spark plug fouling.
- Engine oil contamination from excessive carbon and unburned fuel entering the crankcase.
- Unnecessary electrical stress on ignition leads, contact points, capacitors and magnetos.
- Costly, unnecessary spark plug maintenance.
AT5K means: “At 5000 Ohms” change that plug!
Install Tempest spark plugs with monolithic solid state resistors!
CHECK RESISTANCE PRIOR TO INSTALLATION:
New spark plugs without monolithic resistors may drift out of range even before being entered into service.